meet our coach, Cyntia
Cyntia Salazar, Iguanas Coach
* 12 years competitive running at collegiate and club level
* Current Impala Run Club member
* Specialty in middle/long distance running for all ages
* Sport-specific performance for athletes
* USATF, Level 1 Certified Coach
* 6 years of coaching beginner, intermediate and advance runners
* Lick-Wilmerding High School head coach for girls XC / Track & Field
Cyntia Salazar started her coaching career at age eighteen, spending five years as the head coach of a competitive boys soccer team.
While competing as a member of the cross country and track teams at SFSU and CCSF, she earned All-City honors in cross country, qualified for the state championships in both cross country and track, and was offered the opportunity to coach her own running team at the high school level.
Cyntia has coached multiple cross country teams to Division V State Championships, leading the Lick-Wilmerding girls to a 2018 championship victory, and the boys to a second place finish. During the 2019 track season, she coached multiple athletes in the NCS Meet of Champions and the California State Championship, in events ranging from 400 to 1600 meters.
Cyntia has been a pacer for the Nike Run Club, Fleet Feet SF, Concrete Runners, and We Run SF, and gives advice and training to many first-time and amateur runners.
Currently, she is a member of the Impala Run Club, a post-collegiate competitive team, where she competes in cross country and track in the USATF PA Grand Prix.
Cyntia Salazar, Triathlete, San Francisco